Case studies in pulmonary, renal, and acid-base disorders
These case studies are provided to give you practice dealing with some of the topics that were discussed in Dr. Harrison's lecture on Acid-Base and Electrolyte Balance, and also to give you practice with some related concepts from the pulmonary section of the course.
Each case contains a clinical presentation followed by evaluative studies eventually leading to a diagnosis. There are questions along the way for you to answer as you progress through the case.
It would probably be best if you formulate your own answer to each question before you display the correct answer.
- A 29-year-old man with renal insufficiency
- A 9-year-old girl with proteinuria
- A 29-year-old woman with flank pain
- A 74-year-old retired laborer with progressive dyspnea
- A 46-year-old woman with cough and dyspnea
- An infant with respiratory distress
Water Electrolytes Renal and Acid-Base (Lecture Notes)
RapidShare: Easy Filehosting